Home | About Me | Portfolio | Pricing

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Store Brand Vs. Name Brand Cosmetics

As I was preparing and making my to do list for my friend's wedding I started thinking about my collection of makeup.  My kit has a mixture of name brand products (MAC, Chanel, Smashbox etc...) and also store brand products (Revlon, Maybelline etc.).  Through trial and error I have realized that there are some things you should spend a little more money on and there are others that are just as good if they are bought at CVS.

Foundation should be bought at a cosmetics store or counter.  More options and colors are available, not to mention you can try them out before you buy.  Powder and concealer should also be included in this.  Items that can be bought at a drug store: eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip gloss, mascara.

Avon is another favorite of mine.  Everytime a new catalog arrives, it's like Christmas to me.  Avon is perfect for those looking to build their kit or looking to experiment with makeup.  I love all of their lip glosses, the Astonishing mascara and Mark no place to run eyeliner.

Let me know what some of your favorite products are! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment