Home | About Me | Portfolio | Pricing

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Battle of the Mascaras

Christian Dior Black Out Waterproof Mascara vs. Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara. 

Maybelline mascara has always been a staple in women's makeup cases.  The pink tube with the lime green cap has become an American icon.  I've used this mascara throughout my makeup career, but I've never taken the time to really review it.  I received a request this week to compare it to an expensive mascara.  Here is what I noticed:

  • Coverage is acceptable
  • Slightly clumps when applying
  • Color is Very Black - the color wasn't very dramatic.  Good for daytime use.
  • Doesn't smudge throughout the day
  • Washes off easily

This was the first Christian Dior cosmetic purchase I've made.  The name is synonymous with quality, high fashion and status.  I was hoping it was a quality product and that I wasn't just paying for the name.  Here is what I noticed:

  • Coverage is amazing
  • Separates the eyelashes without clumping
  • Made eyes pop all day
  • Color was very dramatic and stood out.  Great for evening or a smokey eye
  • Didn't wash off very easily.  I would use an eye makeup remover.

After comparing the 2 I would say The Diorshow Black Out Mascara is this week's winner.  Visit the link below:  Remember to sign up for Sephora's VIB card. 

http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-black-out-waterproof-mascara-P212928?skuId=1078138
   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know sis I was always using the cheap stuff..no wonder my lashes would clump lol !!!

amREADa said...

Yay! Thanks for reviewing this! Good to know the extra buck is worth it! :)

Post a Comment